Residence of Frederick Zimmerman at 13514 Lake Ave. Built in 1913, it is the first home in Lakewood built of stucco over brick. The grounds included a large truck garden, orchard, and vineyard. The home included a library and billiard room on the first floor and a ballroom on the third floor. A servant's wing included a a kitchen and pantry on the first floor and bedrooms for the maid, cook, gardener, and handyman on the second floor. The home now has an Edgewater Dr. address.
On September 10, 1953 a series of explosions believed to have been caused by sewer gases tore up West 117th St. from Lake Ave. south to Berea Rd. The explosions left one women dead, injured over 60 others, and destroyed property and automobiles all along Lakewood's eastern border. Image is looking south along West 117th St., from Clifton Blvd. the day of the explosion.